Nov 12, 2010

Sacrificial Pages



At the age of 7, I learned how to play chess, My late father taught me how, but never told me why. Why should I play this game? Maybe for fun or leisure and bonding, For killing time, To keep me away from vices, and to improve my thinking skill(which I’m not good at it until now haha), those were all good reasons why I should learn to play this game, it’s a sport after all.

It’s not all there is to it, I have learned on chess game that to win the game, sometimes I must make some sacrifice, it’s true even in real life. Sometimes we can’t have something we wanted without giving something in return, we pay the price, that is.

Now I was called by myself for sacrifice, it’s been already 6yrs since I graduated in highschool. Luckily, I found my long lost classmates and friends together with their signature faces on facebook. One of them added me to be on her friends list and the others as well, I did the same to some who’s still not on my friends list.

After the hi’s/hello’s, “how are you?”, “how do you do?” etc… they have decided that we’ll be going to have our class reunion by December—when holiday is everyday(not literally).

 The SMS’s keeps on flying back and forth, there were no central place for inquirers and inquiries, for questions and answers, for the organizers and participants. I decided to volunteer myself on building a website for our 4thyr class section, so that all informations that is necessary for everyone will be posted there, and that’s when my sacrifice started, aside from the time and effort, I have torn some pages on my yearbook because my scanner can’t scan it clearly without having it detached. I’ll be using those images for our website, but it’s alright it was just torn, not burned so I can still see their/our faces, our nostalgic faces. At the age of 7, I learned how to play chess, My late father taught me how, but never told me why. Why should I play this game? Maybe for fun or leisure and bonding, For killing time, To keep me away from vices, and to improve my thinking skill(which I’m not good at it until now haha), those were all good reasons why I should learn to play this game, it’s a sport after all.

Comments for FB users

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joey Laglagaron Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template